Sunday, October 09, 2005

what the rock?

When people ask me of the type of music that i like, my standard answer is "anything but heavy rock and metal"....why do i say so? i feel its because i have not learned to enjoy that genre of music...and honestly, i've tried.......... and failed...several times on my box..and a few times at concerts courtesy college sponsored trips to cultural fests...i recall listnening to parikrama singing an ACDC song at spring fest '05......the lead singer was howling ( no offence meant there, but that's how the sound struck my 'untrained to decipher heavy metal/rock' ear) and everyone around me was jumping in his/her seat.......in the midst of trying to comprehend all this, i decided to consciously try and enjoy the proceedings.....no chance there!...and its been the same to date....i wan't to find out what it is in this genre that appeals to its fans?.....thats the intention of this post....my ideas on the same?..well, occassionally the guitar pieces sound good....'sound' here is very contextual as it is the complexity of the piece that appeals most to me....does that pass as a 'factor of enjoyability'?......the drums are always good to hear..but i can't enjoy them with the intermittent 'howling'....do let me know, wht i'm missing there....offlate i've started enjoying aerosmith....but i know, its nowhere near the genre at hand.....help!

No comments:

Post a Comment