Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Sleepy in Symbol

I've had a particularly heavy lunch and am falling asleep at my desk here. A session of TT did not help and this particular song from 'guru' is definitely not helping. Its a nice song, but not to be fed to a sleepy mind. I've read that food activates the digestive process. Is it part of the body's energy conservation mechanism, that it simultaneously tries to shut down the brain? Most people as a habit have an afternoon nap. How do they manage during working days at office?

I hear Dhoom-2 is a pathetic movie. I expected such a verdict for Don, but not for this. sad!! with such a cast, the movie should have done better. Unfortunately, the producer and director too felt that way and didn't bother about things like script and screenplay. I'm being a son-of-a-gun here by judging from the covers, but i think i can trust my friends when it comes to bollywood.

On another flank, Indian Cricket has successfully proclaimed Greg Chappel as the scapegoat for all conceivable issues plaguing the team. Note my use of the words 'Indian Cricket'. Yes, its not about the team or the BCCI. In India, many advise and many listen, nobody acts and the remaining, like me criticize. It seems, Ganguly is going to pad up now to counter the domineering Chappel. I have a confusion here. Which game are we talking about?

Walmart plans to set shop in India. I'm reminded of a particular South Park episode which was a good take on Walmart. South Park is a great series. Its taught me so many things. For example i didn't know apriori that 'turd' means shit. The spoof on Walmart was, on a serious note, a little scary. I therefore, read in detail about this news. Some news article enlightened me that when Walmart 'takes over' a particular neighbourhood, it calls upon all the small shop owners and trains them on "how to stay afloat inspite of Walmart" and also allows them to advertise for free in Walmart outlets. Now how condescending is that?

good...i think i've successfully fought my urge to sleep. Time to get back to work :)

No comments:

Post a Comment